This title is available as an ebook for your tablet or other mobile devices.
Praise for the Fenway Guide, 2nd edition:
“This very rich and evidence-based review of the multiple health and health care issues confronting LGBTQ people over the life course is an excellent and welcome reference for all health care providers.”
–Billy R. Thomas, M.D., M.P.H., Vice Chancellor of Diversity & Inclusion, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
This new 2nd edition of The Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health reflects clinical and social changes since the publication of the first edition. Written by leading experts in the field of LGBT health in conjunction with The Fenway Institute at Fenway Health, one of the most trusted and respected community-based research, education, and care centers, this edition continues to present the important issues facing patients and practitioners, including:
- Principles for taking an LGBT-inclusive health history
- Caring for LGBTQ youth, families, and older adults
- Behavioral Health Care: coming out, intimate partner violence, drug, alcohol, and tobacco use
- Understanding health care needs of transgender people
- Development of gender identity in children and adolescents
- Sexual health and HIV prevention
- Policy and legal issues
The Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd edition is a must-have resource for clinicians, students, and researchers working in hospitals, clinics, universities, libraries, and private practices in every community.